The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County (EFPBC) awarded over $112,000 in funding to support 73 GoTeach! Classroom Grants in the 2020-2021 school year supporting over 15,000 students in 55 schools! The desire from teachers to bring creative, fun and challenging learning experiences into the classroom requires EFPBC to continually expand its program and grow funding for classroom grants through the School District Matching Grant Program.
The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County's GoTeach! Classroom Grants encourage educators to create innovative and exciting educational opportunities for their students. GoTeach! Classroom Grants focus on these priority areas: Literacy, Career Education, Financial Literacy and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
GoTeach! Classroom Grant funding ranges from $1,000 up to $5,000 depending on the award level. Once the grant application is submitted, it is reviewed by the Education Foundation’s Programs & Grants committee, which includes board members and other volunteer community leaders. Classroom grants are awarded in the fall at an awards ceremony, and grantees are required to submit results, photos, and a summary of how the funds were used at the end of the school year.
Impact of GoTeach! Classroom Grants in the 2019-2020 School Year:
- $110,000 awarded to fund 94 grants
- 60 schools served
- 19,000 students impacted
- 77% of students experienced academic improvement/learning gain as a result of program participation
- 900 teachers supported and 97% of teachers reported having an increase in teacher quality as a result of their grant participation
2019-2020 GoTeach! Classroom grants funded in partnership with the Great Charity Challenge, SRG Technology, AeroJet Rocketdyne Foundation, the Consortium of Florida Education Foundation's School District Matching Grant Program. and the "Support Education" License Plate Program.
2021-2022 GoTeach! Classroom Grant Applicants
Welcome to the 2021-2022 GoTeach! and GoReach! Classroom Grant application process. The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County is pleased to provide direct-to-classroom funding for School District of Palm Beach County teachers. As the District's philanthropic partner, we support public schools by partnering with private foundations and corporate partners to make strategic program investments so that all students have the opportunity to succeed.
We understand how important these classroom grants are to help fund innovative, engaging, and transformative projects that really make a difference for your students. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this grant, and for your commitment to the success of our school children! The Education Foundation looks forward to continuing as your partner for excellence in public education for Palm Beach County.
There are three levels of awards for the 2021-2022 GoTeach! Classroom Grant Cycle:
GoTeach! Classroom Grant Awards
$1000 grant awards are intended for individual teacher projects$1500 grant awards are intended for a team of teachers who are seeking to work together to achieve a collaborative project.
GoReach! High Impact Awards
$3000 grant awards intended for projects that have a higher impact than one classroom. These can be grade level or school-wide projects.
***NEW THIS YEAR*** GoTeach STEM! and GoTeach FINLIT! Innovation Awards
$5000 grant awards intended for individual teacher applicants OR teacher team projects in the subject areas of STEM and Financial Literacy only. 80% of the proposed budget can cover the cost of the program and 20% will be awarded to the teacher or split between a team of teachers who partnered to create and implement the program. These awards are made available due to the generous funding provided by the Stiles Nicholson Foundation.
Important Information regarding the 2021-2022 Grant Cycle:
- Use the link below to access a PDF version of the grant instructions and application for planning purposes
- When you are ready to submit your grant, use the link below to access the Google Form application, and copy/paste your responses
- GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: 11:59p.m. on Friday, July 23, 2021
- FREE VIRTUAL GRANT WRITING WORKSHOPS took place for teachers and administrators to learn general grant writing tips/tricks and information regarding the 2021-2022 GoTeach! Grant Cycle. Participants also received support/feedback regarding their application. If you missed the workshops you can access workshop recordings and resources below.
FUND a GoTeach! Classroom Grant today!
- Click Donate Now and mention "GoTeach! Classroom Grants" in the Additional Information/Comments section.
- Help fuel more opportunities for students by purchasing a Florida Support Education License Plate. Your purchase contributes $20 to assist students and teachers in our public schools. Your donation, included in the purchase price of the Florida Education license plate, stays right here in our classrooms.