The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County (EFPBC) awarded $110,000 in funding to support 94 GoTeach! Classroom Grants in the 2019-2020 school year! The desire from teachers to bring creative, fun and challenging learning experiences into the classroom requires EFPBC to continually expand its program and grow funding for classroom grants through the School District Matching Grant Program.
The Education Foundation of Palm Beach County's GoTeach! Classroom Grants encourage educators to create innovative and exciting educational opportunities for their students. GoTeach! Classroom Grants focus on these priority areas: Literacy, Career Education and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
GoTeach! Classroom Grant funding ranges from $1,000 for individual teacher proposals to $1,500 for team proposals. Once the grant application is submitted, it is reviewed by the Education Foundation’s Programs & Grants committee, which includes board members and other community leaders. Classroom grants are awarded in the fall at an awards ceremony, and grantees are required to submit results, photos, and a summary of how the funds were used at the end of the school year.
Impact of GoTeach! Classroom Grants in the 2019-2020 School Year:
- $110,000 awarded to fund 94 grants
- 60 schools served
- 19,000 students impacted
- 77% of students experienced academic improvement/learning gain as a result of program participation
- 900 teachers supported and 97% of teachers reported having an increase in teacher quality as a result of their grant participation
2019-2020 GoTeach! Classroom grants funded in partnership with the Great Charity Challenge, SRG Technology, AeroJet Rocketdyne Foundation, the Consortium of Florida Education Foundation's School District Matching Grant Program. and the "Support Education" License Plate Program.
Important Information regarding the 2020-2021 Grant Cycle:
PDF VERSION OF 2020-20201 GoTeach! AND GoReach! GRANT APPLICATION (FOR PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY)
ACCESS GOOGLE FORM 2020-2021 GRANT APPLICATION
DOWNLOAD PRINCIPAL SIGNATURE PAGE TO INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION
- Use the links above to access a PDF version of the grant application for planning purposes, the google form grant application, and the principal signature page to include with the application
- When you are ready to submit your grant, use the link to access the google form application, and copy/paste your responses. Then upload your signed Principal approval page and submit
- GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Please submit your application via Google Forms by August 23, 2020
- Two Grant Writing Workshops are available for teachers and administrators looking to get general grant writing tips/tricks, learn more about the GoReach!/GoTeach! Grant Cycle and get support with their application. The seminars are FREE and will be offered via Zoom on the following days:
- Monday, August 10, 2020 from 3:00-4:30p.m. Click HERE to Join Zoom Meeting.
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 from 9:00a.m.-10:30a.m. Click HERE to Join Zoom Meeting.
Thank you to all who have attended. We hope it helped you with the process.
GoTeach! Classroom Grants
Innovative direct-to-classroom grants focused on priority areas of Literacy, STEM, Career Readiness, Increasing Graduation Rates, Supporting Under-performing Students & Social Emotional Learning
- Individual teachers are eligible to submit an application requesting up to $1,000 and a team of teachers (more than one teacher) can submit an application requesting up to $1,500 in funding support
- No more than three GoTeach! Classroom grants will be awarded per school
- Schools are welcome to submit as many applications as they choose, however, submitting application(s) does not guarantee grant will be awarded, this is a highly competitive grant
- Application must clearly indicate how program is innovative, will impact students, evaluation plan to show program effectiveness, include a detailed budget and plan on how program will be carried out remotely, if need be, as a result of COVID-19
NEW THIS YEAR: GoReach! Grants
Innovative grants that will REACH additional students in terms of depth and breadth focused on priority areas of Literacy, STEM, Career Readiness, Increasing Graduation Rates, Supporting Under-performing Students & Social Emotional Learning.
- Teachers and administrators are eligible to submit an application requesting up to $3,000 in funding support
- Four grants in total will be awarded (Elementary, Middle School, High School and Special Needs)
- Schools are eligible to submit ONE GoReach! Grant for consideration (this will not hinder GoTeach! Classroom Grant Application(s) eligibility submitted by teacher(s) at the same school
- Applications will be submitted via Google Form (see link above as well as PDF version for planning purposes)
- Individual teachers and teams of teachers and administrators are welcome to apply
- All applications must include uploaded Principal Acknowledgement Form signed by principal for consideration (see link above)
- Application must clearly indicate how program is innovative, will REACH students, evaluation plan to show program effectiveness, include a detailed budget and plan on how program will be carried out remotely, if need be, as a result of COVID-19
You can fund a GoTeach! Classroom and/or GoReach! Grant
- Click Donate Now and mention "GoTeach! Classroom Grants" in the Additional Information/Comments section.
- Help fuel more opportunities for students by purchasing a Florida Support Education License Plate. Your purchase contributes $20 to assist students and teachers in our public schools. Your donation, included in the purchase price of the Florida Education license plate, stays right here in our classrooms.