2018 Dwyer Awards Nomination Process
Thank you for your interest in the Dwyer Awards Nomination Process.
The Dwyer Awards are open to all Palm Beach County public, and private schools. Each school has been notified and instructed to assign one Dwyer Liaison per school to handle the nomination process. The Dwyer Liaison for each school is the only person who should complete the 2018 Dwyer Awards Nomination Form.
All nominations must be submitted online by the designated Dwyer Liaison
by 5 pm on
Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Deadline Extended to 5pm on Friday, December 1, 2017
If you have any questions please call the Education Foundation office at 561-434-8428 or email DwyerAwards@EducationFoundationPBC.org.
Dwyer Awards Liaison Guidelines
These guidelines should be used for each official 2018 Dwyer Awards Category in which your school is eligible to participate.
*Only the designated Dwyer Liaison may submit nominations for a school.
- Each Dwyer liaison should prepare a list of teachers who have completed three (3) full years of teaching in Palm Beach County. These teachers must have been full-time educators since August 2014.
Eligible Staff (See examples, not all subjects are listed):
All full-time, certified teachers who are responsible for impacting student achievement by instructing children in either a traditional or non-traditional classroom setting are eligible to be nominated. Educators must be certified through the State of Florida. Candidates must have completed three (3) full years of teaching in Palm Beach County schools, exclusive of the current school year.
Guidance Counselors, Volunteer Coordinators, Parental Liaisons, Reading and Math Coaches, Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals and other primarily administrative staff. Past award recipients are not eligible to participate in any category.
How to determine years of service:
- Union Seniority Date Query will pull up years working in Palm Beach County.
- PBHR Query will pull up total years of teaching (in and out of PBC).
- Both Queries can be found in the School Secretary Query Folder.
- A two-ballot selection system is recommended though not mandatory. For the first ballot, a list of eligible teachers would be distributed to the instructional staff. Their votes on this ballot would reduce the number of candidates in each category to the top two or three. In the second ballot, the instructional staff would choose a nominee. Administrators, guidance counselors, central or area staff and paraprofessionals are not eligible to vote on either ballot.
- Tally the votes to determine the nominees. Only one nominee per eligible category will be considered. Multiple nominees in the same category will be disqualified. If a teacher is nominated in more than one category, that teacher will be disqualified.
- The Dwyer liaison must submit nominations online through the 2018 Dwyer Awards Nomination Form by 5pm on
Wednesday, November 22, 2017. Deadline has been extended to Friday, December 1, 2017. The Education Foundation will follow-up with each nominee and send them a link to begin the online application process the beginning of December.
- Each nominee will receive a link to the online application process and must complete their submission no later than Sunday, January 7, 2018 @ 12:00 am (midnight).
- Register for the Dwyer Awards! We hope to see you on the evening of Tuesday, May 8, 2018
at the Kravis Center. More event information can be found at: EducationFoundationPBC.org/Dwyer-Awards.